IFS Logistics is a Standard for auditing companies whose activities are logistics oriented for food and non-food products, such as transport, storage, loading/unloading, etc. It applies to all types of transport: delivery by road, rail, ship or plane; frozen/refrigerated products or ambient stable products (different states of matter: liquid, solid or gas).
This standard also applies to (un-)freezing service providers as well as for logistics companies using service providers for their transport and/ or storage activities.
ISACert is specialist in certification to market standards like IFS Logistics of companies like yours, active in the food and food related production chains. ISACert auditors auditing IFS standards have a background in the food industry, understand your practices and know what is happening in your business environment.
IFS Logistics certification by ISACert can offer a number of key benefits to companies striving for excellence in quality and customer satisfaction, and seeking a competitive advantage in their marketplace:
- Improved confidence in suppliers and products
- Reduced time spent on supplier screening
- Due diligence defense
- Ability to reduce individual audit costs by combining a variety of different audits at the same time.
- Monitoring of compliance with food / non-food regulations
- More effective use of resources
- Reduction in the need for customer inspections
- Independent third party audits
- Improved business reputation as a supplier of high-quality and safe products
- Ability to trade with customers insisting on third party audits
The latest version of the IFS Logistics standard as well as its erratum can be downloaded from the IFS website.
IFS Food audit and certification is under the accreditation of ISACert BV from Zwolle in The Netherlands.
IFS Logistics is applicable to both food and non-food products and covers all logistics activities, such as loading, unloading and transportation. The standard can be applied to all sorts of transportation; heavy goods vehicles, trains, ships, airplanes and every other type of transport (temperature controlled or at room temperature)
Whether you should use IFS Logistics or another standard like BRC Storage and Distribution depends among others upon your customers’ requirements.
Certification according to the IFS Logistics standard may be combined with another certification, such as IFS Food, BRC Food or FSSC22000.
Interested? • Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for request for information