Quality, food safety, animal welfare and traceability are key issues for your company active in the poultry production chain. Purchasers of your products require you to offer guarantees of your company’s commitment to quality, food safety, animal welfare and traceability. Are you able to provide these guarantees and are they accepted worldwide? Does an independent third party confirm your Good Agricultural Practices? Do your customers require you to proof that with certification against the QS - Poultry standard? Do you want your company to be audited by a well-reputed certification body with experienced auditors knowing your business?
The QS-Standard has been developed by stakeholders from the poultry industry, defining the requirements for quality assurance and animal welfare in the poultry sector already since 2004.
ISACert is specialized in auditing and certification of poultry producing companies like yours. ISACert auditors auditing QS have a background in the primary sector, understand your practices and know what is happening in your business environment.
ISACert auditors are qualified to combine an audit for QS with other standards like IKB Poultry. Furthermore, if applicable, a combination with local standards for the primary sector is possible as well.
Being in close contact with the standard owner ‘QS Qualität und Sicherheit GmbH’, we keep you updated about the latest information and interpretations of the standard so you will be fully prepared when an audit takes place. Please contact ISACert for the latest developments.
- When QS certified you reduce your exposure to food safety and product safety reputational risks.
- You gain access to local and global markets, suppliers and Retailers.
- The efficiency of your farm management will be improved.
- You save costs by reducing the number of on-farm audits.
- You benchmark yourself as part of Europe’s most widespread poultry standard.
- Your company will appear on the QS database of certified companies, giving you further recognition and creating more customer confidence.
Quality assurance in the QS scheme for food you can trust is based on three interacting inspection levels:
- the first inspection level is in-plant self-assessment. At this level, the companies themselves ensure that they reliably monitor and conscientiously document all the stipulated requirements. QS supports them in this endeavor with clearly defined requirements and practice-oriented guidelines and checklists. You can download all the relevant documents from our website.
- The second level of the QS scheme has two central elements: the independent inspection (audit) of businesses by qualified auditors and the participation of the businesses in the various monitoring programs.
- During the independent inspection, the auditors inspect both the production and marketing processes on site as well as the documentation of these processes. This allows identification and rectification of nonconformities with the requirements and systematic defects.
- In addition, the companies and businesses participating in the QS scheme take part in various monitoring programs. Systematic recording and evaluation of data allows detection and assessment of potential risks to food safety at an early stage.
- The third level is inspecting the inspectors. As part of the scheme integrity system (SIKS), QS ensures that quality assurance from farm to shop functions flawlessly. This process also involves monitoring of the work of the certification bodies, the auditors and the laboratories.
All the QS Standard guidelines, checklists and other supporting documents documents are accessible online, free of charge, and in multiple languages, from the QS-website.
Please contact ISACert (email@example.com) for the latest information about the standard.
The QS audit and certification is under the accreditation of ISACert BV from Zwolle in The Netherlands.
For poultry farmers, healthy and responsibly reared animals are the greatest asset. Slaughtering and processing plants can rely on the delivery of healthy animals only by a conscientious care, hygienic farming and appropriate feeding. In livestock transport, the safety and welfare of the animals have top priority. This forms the basis for safe food. The QS-poultry Standard can be used by any poultry producing or processing company.
Whether you should use QS or another international or local standard depends among others upon your customers’ requirements.
Auditing and certification according to the QS standard may be combined with another audits like IKB Poultry or other (local) standards for the primary markets