Meeting your customer’s and the society’s requirements for sustainable production and resources are of crucial importance for you as a company operating in the food industry. Purchasers of your products as well as opinion makers in the market require you to offer guarantees of your company’s commitment to sustainability. Are you able to provide these guarantees and are they accepted worldwide? Does an independent third party confirm this? Do your customers require you to proof that with certification against the MSC or ASC Chain of Custody standard? Do you want your company to be audited by a well-reputed certification body with experienced auditors knowing your business?
ISACert offers the MSC and ASC Chain of Custody certification for all companies in the food supply chain. MSC and ASC certification can be offered for:
- Single site companies
- Multi-site companies
- Groups of companies (e.g. franchise / retail organizations)
- Consumer-Facing organisations (e.g. fresh counters, restaurants)
During the application stage, we will advise you on the best solution meeting your requirements.
ISACert is specialized in certification of companies in the food supply chain like yours. ISACert auditors are qualified to combine an audit for MSC and ASC Chain of Custody with other standards like BRC, IFS and FSSC 22000.
Being in close contact with the standard owners The Marine Stewardship Council and The Aquaculture Stewardship Council, we keep you updated about the latest information and interpretations of the standard so you will be fully prepared when an audit takes place.
- MSC and ASC certification demonstrates your commitment to reduce the impact of your products on the environment (sustainable fishing / sustainable farming).
- Your organization meets the expectations of major Retailers and other supply chain participants.
- Your organization can demonstrate to all stakeholders including consumers that your products contribute to a better environment with sustainable farming and sustainable fishery practices.
- This certification can help you to gain access to new markets
- You will have an in-depth assessment of the traceability of your produce by a MSC and ASC competent ISACert auditor.
- Your business will appear on the MSC and ASC databases, giving you further recognition and creating more customer confidence.
The suppliers to the MSC and ASC Chain of Custody are fisheries (MSC) and aqua-farmers (ASC). But supply chain certification is supported by a single standard: MSC Chain of Custody.
Printable introductory guides outlining the MSC Chain of Custody Standard and its benefits for different types of organizations can be down loaded from the website of MSC
Please contact ISACert (email@example.com) for the latest information.
The MSC and ASC audit and certification is under the accreditation of ISACert BV from Zwolle in The Netherlands.
The MSC / ASC certification is driven by retailers and manufacturers. The MSC and ASC certification is applicable for supply chain actors who:
- Take ownership of the fish
- Handle the fish (storage, processing, packing etc
- Make use of MSC / ASC claims (business to business or business to consumer)
The MSC and ASC Chain of Custody program is based upon 5 principles:
- Principle 1: Certified products are purchased from certified suppliers
- Principle 2: Certified products are identifiable
- Principle 3: Certified products are segregated
- Principle 4: Certified products are traceable and volumes are recorded
- Principle 5: The organisation has a management system
Certification according to the MSC or ASC Chain of Custody standard may be combined with another certification, such as an IFS, BRC or FSSC22000 standard. ISACert can offer you such a combination.