Consumers are increasingly demanding to know where their products come from, and that they have been sourced in a responsible manner. Joining an internationally renowned certification scheme like UTZ shows your customers your commitment to both people and the environment, and helps create a world where sustainable farming is the norm. Purchasers of your products as well as opinion makers in the market require you to offer guarantees of your company’s commitment to sustainability, want you to guarantee that the cocoa, coffee, tea or hazelnuts you use are from sustainable production. Are you able to provide these guarantees and are they accepted worldwide? Does an independent third party confirm this? Do your customers require you to proof that with certification against the UTZ Chain of Custody standard? Do you want your company to be audited by a well-reputed certification body with experienced auditors knowing your business?
ISACert offers the UTZ Chain of Custody certification for all companies in the food supply chains. UTZ certification can be offered as
- single site certification
- multi-site certification.
During the application stage, we will advise you on the best solution meeting your requirements.
ISACert is specialized in certification of companies in the food supply chain like yours. ISACert auditors are qualified to combine the UTZ Chain of Custody assessment with other standards like food safety (BRC-food, IFS-food or FSSC 22000) or other supply chain certification standards e.g. RSPO Supply Chain Standard
Being in close contact with the standard owner UTZ, ISACert keeps you updated about the latest information and interpretations of the standard so you will be fully prepared when an audit takes place.
- UTZ certification strengthens your reputation - Consumers are increasingly demanding to know where their products come from, and that they have been sourced in a responsible manner. Joining an internationally renowned certification scheme shows your customers your commitment to both people and the environment, and helps create a world where sustainable farming is the norm.
- You keep your customers happy - Consumers are increasingly demanding to know where their products come from, and that they have been sourced in a responsible manner. Joining an internationally renowned certification scheme shows your customers your commitment to both people and the environment, and helps create a world where sustainable farming is the norm.
- You know your products - Traceability is one of the foundations on which UTZ certification is based. All certified members, from the farmer to the last buyer, register their sales and processing activities of pure certified products in the UTZ traceability system. In this way the UTZ labeled consumer-end products are all linked to a sustainable source.
- You will have an in-depth assessment of the traceability of your produce by a UTZ competent ISACert auditor.
- Your business will appear on the UTZ databases, giving you further recognition and creating more customer confidence.
To take part in UTZ certification, your organization has to become a member of UTZ. You can apply for membership on line at the UTZ website.
Useful document for UTZ certification can be downloaded from the UTZ website. Printable
Please contact ISACert (email@example.com) for the latest information.
The UTZ audit and certification is under the responsibility of ISACert BV from Zwolle in The Netherlands.
Retailers and manufacturers drive the UTZ certification. The UTZ certification is applicable for supply chain actors who:
- Take ownership of the commodity (coffee, cocoa, tea or hazelnuts)
- Handle the commodity (storage, processing, packing etc)
- Make use of UTZ claims (business to business or business to consumer)
ISACert offers 3 UTZ levels:
- Identity Preserved (IP): The identity of a certified producer/producer group is maintained along the supply chain. The product can be traced all the way back to the producer or producer group that it originates from.
- Segregation (SG): UTZ certified product from different producers or producer groups is mixed. The product was produced by UTZ certified producers or producer groups, however the identity of the specific producers is lost.
- Mass Balance (MB) (Note: only available for UTZ certified cocoa): Administrative traceability of a certified product. Mass balance traceability allows a proportion of the outputs to be sold with an UTZ Certified MB claim, corresponding to the quantity of UTZ certified inputs.
Certification according to the UTZ Chain of Custody standard may be combined with another certification, such as an IFS, BRC or FSSC22000 standard. ISACert can offer you such a combination.
Interested ? • Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for request for information