The GRMS is a standard specifically developed for the processes of slaughtering, cutting, deboning and sales of red meat and meat products. In contrast to other more generic food industry quality schemes, the GRMS has been tailored to the specific requirements that apply to the meat industry, for food safety as well as animal welfare.
The GRMS Standard comprises the entire productions chain and is, therefore, applicable to all aspects of transport, lairage, stunning, slaughtering, deboning, cutting and handling of meat and meat products..
GRMS’ main focus is on critical areas that affect the maintenance of high levels of animal welfare and meat safety rather than having a broad and general focus as in many of today’s standards. The fact that GRMS has been specifically developed for the meat industry provides your customers with an invaluable tool for measuring your performance as a supplier of safe meat and meat products. In short the benefits are:
- GRMS covers similar core areas as other commercial standards, but is dedicated to meat production
- GRMS covers animal welfare, the working and external environments
- Focus on areas critical for maintaining high meat safety and quality
- Links to the farm gate
- GRMS provides a more detailed basis for assessing meat and meat products
ISACert is specialized in certification of meat processing companies like yours. ISACert auditors are qualified to combine an GRMS audit with other standards like BRC Food, FSSC 22000 or IFS Food.
- GRMS certification will ensure your customers have confidence in your food safety program and supply chain management.
- Being certified on the GRMS standard shows you deliver transparency on food safety, quality and hygiene systems implemented in your meat or meat products factory.
- Being certified on the GRMS standard furthermore proofs you produce against the highest standards for working conditions and animal welfare.
- What’s more, by improving food safety, Implementing GRMS will also help you reduce waste, complaints, recalls and rejected products.
- You will have an in-depth assessment of your quality and food safety system by a GRMS competent ISACert auditor.
- Your business will appear on the GRMS list of approved sites, giving you further recognition and creating more customer confidence.
- GRMS is recognized by the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), therefore meets the requirements specified by retailers insuring them an high level of consumer protection.
The GRMS standard is applicable for the meat industry producing meat and meat products only. The GRMS Standard and it’s interpretation guideline are free available at the GRMS website ( download GRMS standard (pdf) for the standard, download GRMS guideline (xls) for the guideline).
Being in close contact with the standard owner the Danish Agriculture & Food Council, we keep you updated about the latest information and interpretations of the standard so you will be fully prepared when an audit takes place. Please contact ISACert(firstname.lastname@example.org) for the latest information.
The GRMS audit and certification is under the accreditation of ISACert BV from Zwolle in The Netherlands.
The GRMS Standard, specifically developed for the processes of slaughtering, cutting, deboning and sales of red meat and meat products, comprises the entire productions chain and is, therefore, applicable to all aspects of transport, lairage, stunning, slaughtering, deboning, cutting and handling of meat and meat products..
The GRMS Standard has been designed to help you establish good manufacturing practices so you’ll produce safe, legal products that meet the quality levels expected by your customers.
Whether you should use GRMS or another standard like BRC Food, IFS Food or FSSC22000 depends among others upon your customers’ requirements.
Certification according to the GRMS Food standard may be combined with another certification, such as IFS Food or FSSC22000