IFS Cash & Carry / Wholesale was developed to optimize the audit procedures of cash & carry markets and wholesalers. These two distinct types of businesses are seen as important connectors between producers and converters as well as commercial clients. With help of these businesses, they can process small amounts of unpacked products next to their wide range of goods.
The IFS Cash & Carry/ Wholesale standard is based on the IFS Food standard, providing the foundation for food safety and quality. IFS Cash & Carry/wholesale provides the ability to attain multi- site certification, under specific conditions, for sites and markets with similar activities.
ISACert is specialist in certification to market standards like IFS Cash & Carry of companies like yours, active in the food and food related production chains. ISACert auditors auditing IFS standards have a background in the food industry, understand your practices and know what is happening in your business environment.
IFS Cash & Carry certification can offer a number of key benefits to companies like yours striving for excellence in quality, food safety and customer satisfaction, and seeking a competitive advantage in their market place:
- Improved understanding between management and staff relating to good practices, standards and procedures
- Monitoring of compliance with food regulations
- More effective use of resources
- Reduction in the need for customer audits
- Independent third party audits
- Ability to reduce total audit time by combining multiple audits
- Higher flexibility through individual implementation due to a risk based approach
- Improved business reputation as a manufacture of higher- quality and safe products
- Ability to trade with customers requiring third party audits
The latest version of the IFS Cash & Carry standard can be downloaded from the IFS website .
The IFS Cash & Carry audit and certification is under the accreditation of ISACert BV from Zwolle in The Netherlands.
IFS Cash & Carry / Wholesale is the standard which covers all handling activities of loose naked products in Cash & Carry-markets or wholesale companies. It includes also a production process in a small amount of products like minzed meat. The requirements of this standard are the same like IFS Food but in addition a guideline has been developed which describes how to handle specific requirements in Cash & Carry-markets or wholesale companies. Also, multi-site-certification is possible.
Whether you should use IFS Cash & Carry or another standard like BRC Storage & Distribution or FSSC 22000 depends among others upon your customers’ requirements.
Certification according to the IFS Cash & Carry standard may be combined with another certification.